Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm sooooo confused

My Book Launch is today. What do I do? Do I lecture like I did when I was teaching college? Do I sit behind a table, pen in hand and look like I'm selling kitchen knives on Television?

One of my advisors, with whom I am related, tells me to read a chapter aloud. Another advisor, with whom I am related, tells me to relax and talk a bit about the book.

In the book I talk about the foundation of American ethics. When I discuss the Judeo-Christian roots will I alienate my progressive friends and relatives?

'splain something to me - I stood in front of classes for 30 years or so. More than once I lectured on a topic, struggling to keep a chapter ahead of the class. I wrote this darn book. I SHOULD know the material. Why am I nervous?



Well, wish me luck. I'll let you know how is goes!



2 comments:

  1. It will all come together and your words will flow as smoothe as silk!
    Speak from your heart and if it offends someone, they're probably liberal anyway and who cares?? Lol
    The best of luck to you Howard! God Bless!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda - it went terrifically! I have a Keynote speech booked for March 15 at AITP (Association of IT Personell). Your good will is great

    ReplyDelete