Saturday, March 24, 2012

On Pamela Geller

How many of you read the title of this post and started seething? Good. I enjoy reading her blog Atlas Shrugs. Just that name makes more of you seethe.  I admire the lady. She stands up for what she believes in and "damn the consequences."  I don't always agree with her - but that is a good thing.  She makes me think!

Her last set of columns made me angry, though. She is described as being ...
Tanned, sporting plenty of makeup and speaking with a pronounced New York accent
May I note that none of the men speaking were complimented on their choice of neckties. Comments like that detract from her message. Either she is taken lightly because she is a woman, or the writer, cannot deal with her message.

Haven't we outgrown this?

No comments:

Post a Comment