Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 - yeah - really?

OMG, 2012 already? I honestly believe that time goes faster as one gets older. This year I turn 65 - on April 16 if anyone cares to send me greetings.  I am missing the functionality of body parts that I used to depend on. My attention span is that of a gnat. I can talk in obscure detail about the presidencies of JFK and LBJ but Obama who?

My son is approaching middle age. Just the thought of running a marathon is an obscene joke. On my desk is a "land line."  It is a telephone with wires coming out of it. In actuality there are two wires, one from the handset to the base and one from the base to somewhere else. I love it. I stubbornly refuse to use or even carry a cell phone. I've given in to modernity my accepting pushbuttons instead of a dial.

When I sit down with my peers, those that are left alive that is, the conversation rapidly turns to medication or illness.  These bodies evolved to be old at 35. Did we really gain that much be pushing that number to the ridiculous  lengths?

OMG, I remember Harry Truman. I remember 15 minute TV shows. I used to watch Howdy Doody.

Happy New Year all my friends, but really - do you think 2012 will be much better?


No comments:

Post a Comment