Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dialysis & Medicare

Five days a week I sit in my chair and get hooked to my dialyses machine for three to four hours. If I don't then I will die. It's as simple as that.

A law was enacted some years ago to allow dialysis patients to get onto Medicare before they turn 65. I got on medicare when I was 64. Medicare is looking at reducing the amount that it pays for dialysis.


As a Dialysis patient, here's what can happen:

1. Medicare pays less for Dialysis
2. private insurance picks up the difference
3. Private insurance has to increase premiums

If the increased premiums are too expensive, or private insurance refuses to cover dialysis I will either hope Obama care covers it, or quietly (?) die.

Please go to: http://tinyurl.com/m6e3cnw   and support us. 

Howie Flomberg

No comments:

Post a Comment